The mission of The Knowledge Network of Greater Omaha, as an educational consortium, is to deliver local educational television programming for the benefit of all learners in the community.
· All members will provide quality programming that reflects diversity.
· Ensure that the composition of the TKN membership is in keeping with the mission of the organization.
· Engage in outreach and awareness opportunities within the community in an effort to promote viewership and membership.
· TKN will explore funding opportunities through foundations and corporations
· Continue to work with Cox Communications and Omaha City Government to ensure effective continued access to the community.
The Knowledge Network (TKN) believes…
- Television is a proven medium in the delivery of education.
- TKN provides unique, quality educational programming to a diverse audience in the metropolitan Omaha area.
- TKN gives students of member organizations an outlet for media productions.
- Partnership among member organizations is fundamental to TKN.
- Collaboration among member organizations is fundamental to TKN.
- TKN is responsible to its members’ and viewers’ needs.